Polish Dance in Southern California
East European Monographs, 2007 - 247 strán (strany)
This is a historical overview of folk dance ensembles in Los Angeles and the Orange Counties. It stretches back fifty years and examines groups such as Krakusy, Podhale, G rale, and Polskie Iskry; popular Polish dances like G ralski, Zb jnicki, Krakowiak, Kujawiak, and the Polka; and the relationship between Polish models of these dances and their interpretation by modern American ensembles today.
Výsledky 1 - 3 z 11.
6 % of the respondents agreed with the statement that “ dancing in a Polish folk
dance group is every important for me personally or for my children ” ( about 20
% agreed and 26 . 2 % strongly agreed ) . As many as 31 . 1 % of the survey ...
7 % agreed and 42 . 6 % strongly agreed with this statement ( i . e . the total of 75
. 3 % ) ; while merely 3 % strongly disagreed and 8 . 9 % disagreed ( a total of 11
. 9 % ) . Somewhat fewer respondents were able to dance the polka : only 55 .
50 % strongly agreed with this statement , and 25 % agreed ; the total of 75 % ) .
Moreover , they expressed a belief that “ all immigrants should know the culture
of their country of origin ” — by agreeing with it ( 43 . 5 % agreed and 34 .
Čo hovoria ostatní - Napísať recenziu
Polish Americans in California
Folk Dance Ideologies in Poland and Polonia
5 zvyšných častí nezobrazených