« PredošláPokračovať »
Then shall the minister say,
Lord have mercy upon us. Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven: give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us: and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen.
The Collect. O merciful God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the resurrection and the life ; in whom whosoever believeth shall live, though he die : and whosoever liveth and believeth in him, shall not die eternally : We meekly beseech thee, O Father, to raise us from the death of sin unto the life of righteousness; that when we shall depart this life we may rest in him; and at the general resurrection on the last day may be found acceptable in thy sight, and receive that blessing which thy well-beloved Son shall then pronounce to all that love and fear thee, saying, Come ye blessed children of my Father, receive the kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world. Grant this, we beseech thee, O merciful Father, through Jesus Christ our Mediator and Redeemer. Amen.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Ghost, be with us all evermore. Amen.
OF THE BOUNDARIES OF THE ANNUAL
1. The NEW-YORK CONFERENCE shall consist of the territory now included in the New-York, Poughkeepsie, Rhinebeck, Delaware, and Newburg Districts.
2. The New-YORK EAST CONFERENCE shall consist of the East New-York, the New-Haven, the Hartford, and the Long Island Districts, including in the city of New-York, all those charges lying east of a line running through the Third Avenue, Bowery, Chatham-street, and Broadway,
3. The PROVIDENCE CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of Connecticut lying east of the Connecticut River, all the State of Rhode Island, with Millville and Blackstone stations in Massachusetts, and also that part of the State of Massachusetts lying south-east of a line drawn from the north-east corner of the State of Rhode Island to the mouth of the Neponset River, which line shall so run as to leave Walpole station and Quincy Point within the bounds of the New-England Conference.
4. New-ENGLAND CONFERENCE shall include all the State of Massachusetts lying east of the Green Mountains, not embraced in the New-Hampshire and Providence Conferences.
5. The MAINE CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of Maine lying west of the Kennebeck River, from the mouth to the Great Bend below Skowhegan, and of a line running from thence north to the State line, (including Skowhegan and Augusta stations in Maine Conference,) and that part of New-Hampshire lying east of the White Hills, and north of the waters of the Ossipee Lake.
6. The EAST MAINE CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of Maine not included in the Maine Conference.
7. The New-HAMPSHIRE CONFERENCE shall include all the State of New-Hampshire not embraced in the Maine Conference, and that part of the State of Massachusetts north-east of the Merrimack River.
8. The VERMONT CONFERENCE shall include the State of Vermont, except that part lying west of the top of the Green Mountains, embraced in the Troy Conference.
9. The TROY CONFERENCE shall include the Troy, Albany, embracing Richmondville station,) Saratoga, Poultney, Burlington, Plattsburg, and St. Albans Districts.
10. The BLACK RIVER CONFERENCE shall include, together with Rose Circuit, that part of the State of New-York west of the Troy Conference, not embraced in the East Genesee Conference, as far south as the Erie Canal, and all the societies on the immediate banks of said canal, except Utica, Canistota, Montezuma, and Port Byron.
11. The ONEIDA CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of New York south of the Black River Conference, and east of Cayuga Lake, and north of a line running east from Newfield to Ithaca. From thence, following the Catskill turnpike to Greene, and from thence following the same line of road through Masonville to the New-York Conference, including all the charges through which said line passes. From thence on the west line of the Troy Conference to the Erie Canal, including Fort Plain.
12. The WYOMING CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of New York not included in the Oneida, East Genesee, and New-York Conferences, and the Susquehanna and Wyoming Districts in the State of Pennsylvania, including Stoddartsville circuit.
13. The East GENESEE CONFERENCE shall contain all that part of the State of New-York, west of Black River, Oneida, and Wyoming Conferences, and east of the Genesee River, excepting Lima station, including the city of Rochester, together with so much of the State of Pennsylvania as is included in the Elmira and Čorning Districts.
14. The GENESEE CONFERENCE shall
include all that part of the State of NewYork, including Lima station, west of the East Genesee Conference, except so much as is included in the Erie Annual Conference, and also Smithport, Cudersport, and Bradford circuits, in Pennsylvania.
15. The ERIE CONFERENCE shall be bounded on the north by Lake Erie, on the east by a line commencing at the mouth of Cattaraugus Creek, thence up said creek to the village of Lodi, leaving said village in the Genesee Conference, thence to the Alleghany River, at the mouth of Tunanquant Creek, thence up said creek eastward to the ridge dividing between the waters of Clarion and Sinnamahoning Creeks, thence south to the head of Mahoning Creek, thence down said creek, exclusive of the Milton society, to the Alleghany River, thence across said river in a north-westerly direction to the Western Reserve line, including the north part of Butler and New-Castle circuits, and also including, Petersburgh, thence west to the Ohio Canal, thence along said canal to Lake Erie, including Akron and Cleveland city.
16. The PITTSBURGH CONFERENCE shall be bounded on the north by the Erie Conference, on the east by a line running along the tops of the Alleghany Mountains to the southern line of the State of Pennsylvania, thence west along the line of the Western Virginia Conference to the Ohio River, thence down said river to the mouth of the Muskingum River, thence up said river, ex